If you’re thinking about taking the Google Analytics exam this year, here are a few tips that will help you through it.
Google Analytics is still one of the most popular analytics programs around today, with businesses of every size using it to develop strategies, boost sales and enhance customer experiences.
If Google Analytics is an integral part of your job, you may be considering taking the official exam. This article will take you through the process and provide you with some helpful tips.
The Google Analytics Certification Process
1. Setup a Free Google Partners Account
Google Partners is the platform that Google uses to collaborate with agencies and online marketers and you will need to set up an account before you can take the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ).
2. Study Up
Even if you use the platform on a regular basis, it’s still advisable to spend some time doing your homework. The Google Analytics for Beginners and Advanced Google Analytics resources are the best place to start.
3. Take the Exam
The Google Analytics Individual Qualification is modular, which means you will go through one topic at a time. To get to the exam, log in to your Google Partners account, click on Certifications and See Exams. Once you click on Exam Details, you will see the Take Exam option. You will have 90 minutes to complete the exam and there is no way to pause it. You will need to achieve at least 80% to pass the exam otherwise you will need to wait a week before you can take it again. Once you pass, you will receive a GAIQ certificate and your Google Partners profile will be updated.
Google Analytics Certification Exam Tips
Here are a few tips that will help you pass your GAIQ exam the first time around.
- Take the time to study. Many people make the mistake of thinking that because they use Google Analytics on a regular basis, they don’t need to study for the exam. If anything, at least use the Google Partners study guides to prepare. The Google Analytics YouTube channel is also very useful, as are their case studies.
- Take a mock test. It’s such a hassle to need to wait seven days before you can take the exam again, which is why it’s best to do everything you can to prepare. Taking the mock test is excellent practice.
- Take notes. You may not be a big fan of taking notes but they will definitely help you retain the information you’re reading and really come in handy during the actual exam. Just be sure to keep your notes organized for easy reference.
- Start off on the right foot. Instead of seeing your studies as a means to an end, use this as an opportunity to really understand the Google Analytics interface and how it can be used in different real-life situations. The GAIQ is a learning experience and one that will benefit your career in the long run.
- Plan your studies. It’s not always easy to find time to study on top of all your other responsibilities at work but to ensure you get your study time in, find ways to work it into your schedule. If you can’t find time to do it in the week, you may have to settle for weekends but it will definitely be time well spent. If the exam will benefit your job, speak to your employer about the possibility of studying for an hour or two during work hours – there’s no harm in asking.
- You can do this! If you have a tendency to psyche yourself out about tests and exams, know that the GAIQ doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. You can pass the exam, particularly if you spend enough time preparing and you take the mock test. Even if you’re feeling super confident, take the mock test anyway, it really can’t hurt and it could end up saving you the hassle of having to take the test again.
By following these basic study tips, there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t pass your exam on the first try.