As you know, the higher you rank on the 10 to 100 domain authority scale, the better your position will be in Google’s search results. Domain authority is based on a number of different factors and unfortunately, building domain authority takes time. However, it doesn’t need to be complicated.
Simple Ways to Increase Domain Authority
Here are a few of the tactics that you can start implementing today to increase domain authority:
- Create more long-form content. Content that is entertaining, informative and well-researched gets linked to by more websites. Find ways to publish more long-form content if you want to increase domain authority.
- Find guest posting opportunities. If you want to generate more backlinks from high-quality websites, spend time searching for guest posting opportunities. Just be sure to dedicate time to worthwhile sites that are relevant to your target audience and have a high domain authority too.
- Improve your site’s speed. Slow websites will harm your SEO efforts, including your domain authority, so do what you can to speed things up.
- Purchase an aged domain. By purchasing a domain that already has authority, you won’t need to work nearly as hard to increase it. With that being said, you will need to work to maintain that number. An aged domain is one that has been around for at least 6 months.
- Post content on a regular basis. The more regularly you post informative and interesting content, the higher the chances that the content will be linked to and ranked.
- Interlink your blog posts. When you have a good internal linking strategy, you make it easier for Google to find and index your content. Plus, it improves your user experience.
- Get rid of bad backlinks. Make a point of keeping track of your backlinks so that you can get rid of any links that could be negatively affecting your site and your domain authority score. Bad links are usually found on sites that are not indexed by Google, have a high number of external links and have unnatural anchor text.
Over and above these tactics, it’s important to keep at it if you are truly keen to increase the domain authority of your site or that of your client’s.